“Temptations: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor,” the Lions Gate movie by Tyler Perry, is a blitz of exceptional talent on many levels. Perry does not show up in the movie, but his signature is all over it. It is quality and excellence on steroids. A review of several aspects of the movie appear below.
Perry really hit the nail on the head with this one. According to the official site, he directed, produced and wrote this screenplay. It is intricately woven like a cloth. There is a continuous stream and depths to the story that keep the plot line flowing forward. The plot is not linear, but has some circuitous elements. It kept me guessing, and few movies do that.
This was anything but a predictable movie. The end was a pleasant surprise that almost stunned me to silence.
Beauties Jurnee Smollett-Bell of “On Our Own” fame, Vanessa Williams and Brandy Norwood all brought it on in this movie. They channeled their layered roles with exquisiteness that comes from giftedness and experience combined.
Lance Goss showcased his versatility by being a serious top-shelf actor in this production. In his roles on Perry’s “Meet the Browns” and “House of Payne,” he is hardly ever as serious and mature as he is in this movie. It was great seeing him take on this type of persona.
Kim Kardashian played Ava, a shallow and materialistic girl. She did a great job delivering her insults and fashion barbs at her closest co-worker. She did them with such panache, which is defined by dictionary.com as flamboyant confidence of style or manner.
Ella Joyce played mother to Judith, who was played by Smollett-Bell. She had her daughter’s best interest in mind, but was drawn deeper into the drama than she intended. It was easy why she has received the Joseph Award for a supporting role (IMDb).
Robbie Jones plays such a bad boy in this one. He spared no expense in pouring out all of the qualities one would expect from a home-wrecking, selfish rich boy. He will be hard to forget, because he made himself memorable in this film.
Perry raised the bar high in this film. He outdid himself as well as many others. It seems that as he evolves, he gets better. Whatever enhancements he gains, he adds them to his films. He keeps viewers coming back, trusting him to not only deliver, but deliver in grand style. This was one movie with interesting surprises and decent doses of reality.
- Can Diet Soda Cause Dizziness, Headache Nausea?
- Coaching for Helping you Develop your Business
- Professional Digital Transcription Service at Affordable Rates
- Paleo Diet Cambogia How Does Vicodin Detox/Withdrawal
- Latest Facts You Don’t Know Paleo Diet
- Pituitary Gland The Best Garcinia Cambogias Are
- Failing Finding A Paleo Diet That’s Right
- Seo Ideas To Achieve Top Search Results
- The best supplements and weight-loss medications
- Detox Diet: what to eat and drink to Detox
- To Know About HGH Shots Dr
- Extract Review – Paleo Diet Cambogia 2015
- How She Lost Over 30 Pounds
- Cleanse Plan – The Best Garcinia Cambogia
- Reactive Arthritis Vs Lupus
- An Overview on Buying Party Supplies and Decorations Online
- Acute Exacerbation Of Bronchial Asthma Pediatrics
- Acne Urdu Treatment
- Increase On-Line Traffic With Meta Indexing
- Differences Between Shutters and Shades for Windows Ireland
- Is Yellow Rice Healthy for You?
- Things to Do to Stay Healthy
- Different Parts of the Home
- Personal Injury And Other Solicitors Dealing With Injury Claims
- The Daily Work Of A RN Nurse
- What You Need To Know About Real Estate Investing for 2015
- Tyler Perrys Temptation
- Scary Movie 5 – Movie Review